Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Is This Right?

Ok, I've been playing hockey for about 15 years and have never sustained any kind of lasting injury. I mean we've had people get stitches, teeth knocked out, and their ability to have children questioned for many days. I have lived by the motto, "It is better to lose than to have an injury."
Here's my situation: I was in the middle of a remarkable breakaway that would have made Lemieux or Gretzky proud (if they cherry-picked as much as I do), and as I head for the goal the guy I just blew by loses his balance, jams his skate into mine, and sends me from 120 miles and hour to 0 and into the ground fully onto my left knee.
My question for any medical experts out there is this:
Is it considered a lasting injury if you hurt so bad you can't wear jeans?

2 comments:

Fabian said...

That's a terrible excuse to come to work without pants on.

Barry said...

If I take my skirt off what will I wear?