Thursday, March 10, 2005

Christian Music Revisted

A while back I gave some quotes from poor innocent youth corrupted by Christian Music. Well, here we go again:

"When I was not following the Lord I was angry because of the compromise Christians were making in the matter of 'Christian rock' music.
"Personally, I cannot tell the difference between 'rock' and 'Christian rock.' Since I rededicated my life to the Lord and quit listening to both types of music, I have had a wonderful freedom in my thought life."
A Fifteen-Year-Old Student From Oklahoma


"'Christian rock' music has probably been the biggest hindrance to my spiritual growth. When I first heard this kind of music, it really bothered my spirit. But then this music was brought into my church. The more I heard it, the less it bothered me. The less it bothered me, the more I listened to it."It wasn't long before I was involved in secular rock music because I didn't see any difference. This music caused me to resist the Lord and hold parts of my life back from Him. I was not able to have a freedom to truly serve Him and be totally dedicated to Him until I was willing to give up this music."A Sixteen-Year-Old Student From Florida

"In the past, rock 'n roll music has been so detrimental to my spiritual growth that I feel privileged to share this, especially if it could keep others from being subjected to this type of music. This includes 'contemporary Christian music.' Most people do not realize what a hold this music can have on you until you try to take it out of your life. "When I got into secular rock music I was bombarded by many sensual thoughts. Those that think that 'Christian rock' is OK because of the words are wrong. When I listen to that type of 'Christian' music, I have the same reaction. I cannot listen to any type of this music because when I do, I can no longer worship God or grow in Him."A Fifteen-Year-Old Student From Ohio

So just remember, get rid of the Christian music and crank up the 50 Cent!

1 comment:

James said...

Here it is, April 10th, 2005 and I'm reaching WAY BACK into the Bazmania archives, but I know that these historic writings will be required reading one day, so while this comment will not be discovered possibly for decades, I am forced nonetheless to contribute the following trenchant link on Christian Rock Music. It is, of course, the work of the Devil as documented by The Chick: http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp