Tuesday, January 18, 2005

You Go Seniors!

Often our Senior citizens get labled as "out of touch" or "behind the times." They tend to be stereotyped as being stuck in their ways and unwilling to try to get in touch with our modern society.
However, every once in while some Seniors come along who just scream, "We're hip!" "We can act like you young whippersnappers!" "I fit in!" For example take these two golden agers:
First is Lulu:

It was indeed a tough holiday season for the 89-year-old Nebraska woman whose repeated blows to the head of her husband with a fireplace poker may have resulted in his death (I mean it might not have, the severe bashing could have been from natural causes). Stanley Bach, a retired orthopedic surgeon one year his wife's junior, called a rescue squad after the alleged bludgeoning, telling responders that Lulu had been beating him for months.
Way to go Lulu! You can get down with any modern day Gangsta or Professional Sports star. I wish she was my grandma, not my wife mind you, my grandma.
And then there is Dean:

Dean L. Wooten was accused of greeting customers with a computer-generated photo of himself in which he appeared to be naked -- except for a carefully placed Wal-Mart bag -- and of telling customers that Wal-Mart was cutting costs and the sack was the company's new uniform. Wooten gave what I tought was a pretty sensible explanation, "A friend of mine got the photo of the body off the Internet, and he had a picture of me and he put my head on it. When I first seen it, I pretty near died laughing."
Look out Janet, you've got no monopoly on wardrobe malfunctions! By the way, Wooten will be performing at this years Superbowl halftime show.
So just let me say to all you Seniors out their who are finally getting away from old fashion ideas like non-violence, modesty, and good taste, "Thanks for continuing to blaze the way for the next generation." Now if the rest would just get with the times.

1 comment:

James said...

It's like that episode of The Simpsons where Abe "Grandpa" Simpson is writing a letter to the TV studios complaining "Not all seniors are vibrant, exciting, outgoing people. Some of us are mean, cantankerous, and just want to be left alone." Then he lists all the words he "never wants to hear spoken on television again" starting with "bra".

Rich Hutchman does a pretty good version of this line, BTW.