Friday, January 07, 2005

I Speak For the World

Yesterday I was sitting at home listening to the news and I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if there was one person who would speak for all of us on important world events?" Then this morning I find there is someone who has the guts, the integrity, the prestige, and the world-wide respect to finally stand up and speak for us all. I know it’s probably obvious who it is, it should have been obvious to all of us. I'm speaking, of course, of Richard Gere. No, seriously, Richard Gere. What do you mean that’s not who you were thinking of? I just described him for you!

Richard Geer Speaks for the World right here!

I’m so glad Richard is speaking for us because I think I can say he speaks for me all the time. For example, take these universally thought Richard Gere quotes:

"The horrendous energy that we’re all feeling, and the possibility of turning it into more violence, and revenge, we can stop that. We can take that energy and turn it into something else. We can turn it into compassion, and to love, and to understanding. That’s apparently unpopular right now, but that’s alright."
Richard Gere addresses the crowd at concert for N.Y. firefighters and police

"If you can see them [the terrorists] as a relative who's dangerously sick and we have to give them medicine and the medicine is love and compassion. There's nothing better. The terrorists who are creating such horrible future lives for themselves because of the negativity of this karma. If you see it from a much wider point of view, we're all in this together. We're all intimately interconnected in all of these actions."
Richard Gere with David Blaustein of ABC News

“People get offended by animal rights campaigns. It's ludicrous. It's not as bad as mass animal death in a factory.” Richard Gere

“You’ve all heard some rumors about me over the years. I guess this is the moment to do it. My name is Richard Gere and I am a lesbian”. Richard Gere at Misc. Award Show

“To read your own mind is to look at your self and read your soul. Hatred becomes love and that is the path I am working on.” Richard Gere

“The secret of my success is my hairspray.” Richard Gere

“I know who I am. No one else knows who I am. If I was a giraffe, and someone said I was a snake, I’d think, no, actually I’m a giraffe.” Richard Gere, to The Guardian (UK), June 2002


On behalf of the world, I just want to thank you Richard for saying what the rest of the world is obviously thinking. Oh, and while you’re over there in the Middle East, watch out, they’re known to kill Buddhist like yourself and if anyone there is caught watching one of your films Islamic law would have them punished. Just thought you should know.

No comments: