Thursday, January 06, 2005

Alias Sucks!

There, is that blunt enough for you?
WARNING: If you are a female who can't handle the truth, read no further.
How do people watch this show? It's a chick flick poorly disguised as a spy movie. If you are a guy and watching it you should turn in your membership card. And don't give me the Jennifer Garner is hot excuse. Even that doesn't make up for this piece of junk. Don't let them suck you in by having her pose as a stripper or prostitute every week. Is it worth your dignity? Don't answer that you pigs!
Now, if I was watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion show my wife would look at me in disgust, remind me I'm a Christian, and make me turn it off. But, if it's on Alias it's ok? I swear they must being doing something subliminally.
Just look at the description for last nights big season premiere:
"Sydney, Jack, Vaughn, and Dixon have a new boss (Angela Bassett). Stunning revelations are made about Sydney's and Nadia's fathers, leaving the women reeling. "
We need two freaking hours for that plot? Where do I begin? The character names sound like something out of a teen romance novel. It sure as heck doesn't sound like the plot for an action series! Jennifer Garner as a super spy is about as believable as hearing Heidi Klum is actually a navy seal. I mean, after killing fifty-five people on a mission she ends up crying when her father or love interest hurts her feelings! So which is she? Big tough action chick or weepy little wallflower?
And you fans out there don't try to tell me my rant is because I haven't given this show a chance. My wife loves it! So, being the great husband I am, I got the first season DVD to try to catch up and get into it. We haven't fought so much since she made be watch Beaches! She gets outraged because I point out the gigantic unavoidable plot holes, and the terrible inconsistent characterizations.
But, here's the key. Deep down she agrees with me about the stupidity of it all, but she overlooks all that because it plays on the whole chick flick crowd. Meaning--- you check your brain at the door and sympathize with the poor, poor female victim hoping she'll be rescued by the knight on the white horse. Which is why.... Alias Sucks. I'll stick with Desperate Housewives thank you very much.

COMING MONDAY: The first ever blog theme day! If you are a regular blogger I talked with Fabian over at Fabiansworld and we were both gonna write on the same subject and thought it'd be cool to have anyone interesed in writing on the same subject join in Monday. So the topic: What are your thoughts on the word "pimp" and "pimping" as now being used in modern vocabs? Let's us know if you'll be joining in so we can link everyone! It's a great way to pimp your site.

1 comment:

mary said...

yes. we do need two freaking hours of it thank you very much.