Thursday, January 13, 2005

Give me my pants!

By now you've probably heard about the flooding and mudslides out in California. Dozens of people killed, millions of dollars in property damage, families seperated, children orphaned. Which leaves all of us with a serious moral question: Would you rather be rescued from a raging river or be seen on national television without your pants?
See, there was a video of a man who's car had gotten stuck in the raging water and the rescue workers had managed to pull his family to safety but he was left sitting on his vehical in the middle of the rampaging current. They threw him a rope and as they pulled him to safety his pants are pulled down to his ankles. To add to the horror they replayed the video endlessly and just coverd up his rear end and manhood with one of those flesh colored fuzzy dots (unless that's what was actually under his pants in which case this story takes on National Inquirer territory).

This presents us with our question. Would you let go of the rope and attempt to pull your pants up in light of the television cameras rolling or continue to hang on to the rope?
Me? I'm pulling up my pants. The odds are they can hit me again with the rope and I'd get a second chance at being rescued. I only have one chance at keeping peeping eyes off my privates for the rest of my life. I mean, you know this videos going up on every wacko web site forever and there is no way I'm going through the rest of my life as "that guy who mooned America".
Besides, if I die, at least I show up at the pearly gates with my pants on.

1 comment:

Frank Strovel III said...

I sure wouldn't want to be caught on video with my pants down and have it aired on CNN every ten minutes but at least this poor guy's getting his life saved. It's not like he's on COPS.

Given the situation he was in, he's lucky to be alive to moon again someday.