Friday, July 22, 2005

What'd I Tell You?

Months ago I proposed a group called the Weekendmen to prevent illegal activity along the Canadian border. I suggested that volunteers sign up for a weekend everyonce in a while, go to one of our borders with Canada, grab a bite to eat and if they ran into anyone acting suspicious start screaming "CANADIAN" until they suspect leaves. No one signed up.
Now we are going to pay.


It seems the Canadians heard of my plan and decided staying above ground was too dangerous. In response, according to this article, they've started digging under the border.
Fortunately the Canadians don't have a quality education system like ours. The tunnel was only 150 yards long and DEA agents apparently watched them construct the entire thing. Once they had finished they were arrested.
Boy, did we just dodge that bullet! Imagine what could have been brought through that tunnel? Sled Dogs, snowmobiles, Canadian Bacon, Tuques, beavers, or even... real Canadian people!
Look folks it's time we wake up. I know my blog tends to be viewed as a less than serious commentary on the trivial that may bring about the destruction of our nation by the Gods, but this is one issue I have sworn to ring the bells on 'till my dying breath.
So, as long as the possiblity exists of a pack of Canadian beavers wearing hockey gear digging beneath our border and ravaging one of our major cities... I will be here to stand in their way.
At least if they try it every other weekend.

3 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

Remember they have Quebec. They may smuggle in French Cowardice.

Oh, and I thought moles and ground hogs dug tunnels and beavers built damns. Probably just what the Canadians would have me beleive.

Anonymous said...

BARRY - I LOVE YOU, BUT YOU ARE WEIRD!!!!!!

Barry said...

Now you know Shannon, and knowing is half the battle.