Monday, February 28, 2005

Who Cares?

I'll say it again... Who cares? The Academy Awards were on last night, or so I heard. I was deep into the 3rd quarter of the Pistons game before I even realized it. I barely remembered there were still non-Satellite/cable networks.

I stopped caring long ago what Hollywood thinks of the world let alone itself.

Is it even suspenseful anymore?

Best Picture: One that has political message we most want out there.

Best Director: Oldest guy we can find

Best Actor/Actress: Which makes us look most diverse or open-minded

So let me give you the only person who's views on the movies I care about... me.

Best Picture: Incredibles

Best Actor: Puss in Boots

Best Imitation of a dead actress (not what I'd call acting): Cate Blachett

Best Looking Actress (Ya know it's all anyone cares about or you'd see an actress over 35 in a movie): Liv Tyler

Movie I'd See More Than Once: Incredibles

Movie that Surprised Me: National Treasure

Best Good Movie: The Aviator

Best Movie My Wife and I both Enjoyed: Hitch (I know it was this year)

Best Preview: Sin City

All right let's hear your choice, I even care more about your opinions than Hollywood’s. But, that doesn't mean alot.

2 comments:

James said...

I think Incredibles was the best movie this year too, and I saw Sideways and Million Dollar Baby. I missed the Oscars except the restaurant I was eating at had it on and I saw the guy who made 'The Wiz' win a lifetime achievement award. I think it was because his movie had the most eerily accurate premonition about the future... Michael Jackson played "The Scarecrow" which is accurate on so many levels.

I think you would like Sideways, though. It even has a comics angle because the lead guy was also the lead in "American Splendor."

Anonymous said...

If you were responisble for the Wiz shouldn't you be disqualified by the name of the movie alone?