Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Local Boy Makes Good

It's not often that someone from right here in our small town rural neck of the woods makes national news, but it's happened! Now you're probably thinking, "What could it be for? Athletic excellence? Spelling bee champion? World record sized produce? Most beers drank in 5 minutes?" If you guessed any of those you'd be wrong. This young man made national news by driving a car a quarter of a mile. Yeah, a quarter of a mile!!! In your face big city blue states! We have a kid that can drive a quarter of a mile. And... he only hit two parked cars. Yeah, baby, we rock! Don't believe me? Here's the article on Newsday.com.
Darn late fees! I think next we'll be recognized for good parenting.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I saw this story on the news ticker at the bottom of CNN and thought, "I wonder where in MI that took place." Now I know. I knew there was something in the water up there creating super human children, capable of the most amazing of feats.