Friday, February 25, 2005

This I Vow

Okay, I grew up in Detroit during the amazing Tigers run in 1984. I was out in the streets as they began tipping cars, burning things, surfing on top of semis and causing general mayhem. It was great!
Then came the strike. I didn't pay any attention to baseball for 8-10 years(which will also be my reaction to the NHL). Over the last few years I started getting back into the Tigers, watched on TV, went to a couple games, and started talking to my boys about the sport.
Then steriods. The only thing baseball had going for it any more, in my opinion, was the sacredness of it's historical stats and records. That is gone and MLB refuses to do anything about it.
Barry Bonds (who started in Pittsburgh when I lived there and is barely recognizable as the same guy) finalized my decision with his press conference Tuesday. "I don't know what cheating is." Barry uses the same quote made by Conseco in a recent interview. Well, I know what it is and if MLB needs some help here's and idea:
Jason Giambi before...

After...

Sammy Sosa before...

After...

Barry Bonds before...



After...


And yet Pete Rose is the one who is banned?
I know there are guys competing fairly, but until MLB pulls the weeds out of it's garden or Barry Bonds tells me what weights he uses for his face, I'm done with MLB.

Vist "The Juice Is Loose" for more ideas on what cheating may be.

1 comment:

James said...

You made me follow a few links off your blog because the guy you link to does a much better job than you of aligning his BEFORE and AFTER photos.

Then I came across "Steve's Blog" and I ended up writing more gibberish.

Too bad it's incoherent ramblings because the recent legal perversions over the Geneva Conventions and the debacle that has been Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay deserve a much better entry than I produced. Luckily there are real writers and journalists who are taking on that task.