Thursday, September 01, 2005

Failed T-Shirts

As a follow up to my 70's t-shirts column here's a few shirts that didn't sell too well:

"#2 Grandpa"
"I failed to survive Smokin' Joe's Five-Alarm Chili Pit"
"Ask Me About Nudism"
"My rash is gone."
"My mom attended the Mechanicsburg, PA, Quilt Fair and was thoughtful enough to buy me this souvenir, which I cherish."
"I want to meet your children."
"I Suffer From Diarrhea"
"Wanna see my comic collection?"
"I'm with that guy to my left ... no, sorry, one more over ... yeah, that's him."
"Kiss me, I have bad credit."

Bonus: A special TICS prize to anyone who caught the secret joke hidden in yesterday's blog. It's in an even numbered item.

10 comments:

ejs said...

Searching, Searching...

#293?

Barry said...

Hint #2: The jokes in the picture and it's not the Brad and Jennifer pic, that was to obvious.

Anonymous said...

#6 Are the guys from the movie??

Anonymous said...

Scratch the last comment. I did some research and found that they are not really cannibals but they are the group THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS!!!!! I will be waiting for my prize. I will be home all day if you would like to deliver it!!!

Barry said...

DING! DING! DING!
Jill gets the prize, I can't tell you how much that sucks!
Yes, my picture for cannibals is the great rockers, the Fine Young Cannibals. I thought it was very clever.
Your prize will be on the site tomorrow.

shannoncaroland said...

I saw that, but figured you were saying it would be terrible to live next to a 90's pop band... which I totally agree with. Do you remeber the impersonation done of them on "In Living Color"?

Barry said...

I don't remember the In Living Color thing. How'd they mock them?

ejs said...

and to think that I was looking for deeper meaning not the obvious.

Barry said...

Dang, I thought it was dated and obscure. Obviously, it just me that's dated and obscure.

James said...

More failed 70's t-shirts:

"I'm Mark from Ark!"

"Carter/Mondale in '80! Vote Democrat and reduce our dependance on foreign Oil before it's too late!"

"I've got an 18 charisma!"

" K A P L A N
0 0
ABC Team Captain
Battle of the Network Stars"

"Sailor in the KISS Navy"

"Bring Back F-Troop"

"Beedee beedee beedee, Get Bent, Buck"

"You sure pulled a Charlie Gordon"

"Na na na na na na... BATMITE!"

"I believe you, Richard Nixon"