Friday, September 16, 2005

Fall TV

Well, the new fall Tv season is upon us so I thought I'd do a little review of one of the new shows I caught.
I didn't quite catch the name but it seemed to be about this really rich guy who wanted to help people. He had the power to speak and create houses and schools and roads and buisnesses and clean water and sewage plants and money and return lost pets and reunite families and give everyone a car and a bodyguard and wipe out disease and give you a job. I guess maybe he was a greek god or something. I don't know, I thought it was pretty unrealistic. The special effects were ok but I thought the blue screen of some fancy building behind him looked pretty fake. But, the thing that caught me most was the acting. First off it was a one man cast, pretty daring in today's market of ensembles. It would have helped if he'd had some comic sidekicks or something. Secondly, it was quite possibly the most wooden performance I've ever seen. I mean I've seen more emotion from a recliner. It was almost like he was reading his script right there. If this show is gonna last they better get some better writers. I mean it sounded kinda cool but who's gonna believe it.
Overall, I don't see this show being very popular. It was pretty unrealistic, had poor production vaules, and the cast was a little disspointing. On the positive side it had no commercials and it's good to see the networks trying a fantasy series again.
So if you want to give it a try I think it was on NBC or CBS or one of the cable stations. I think it was called "A Dress to the Nation". Maybe he's going to clothe everyone too.

1 comment:

James said...

It needed a laugh track.