Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Real Horror


I must admit I haven't been as compassionate toward the flood victims as maybe I should have been. I've tended to think they should have gotten out when told, or made arrangements for emergencies, etc. However, the horror I saw this weekend has changed my mind.
Sure they talk about bodies floating in the streets, lost children, separated family and pointless violence but who is exposing the real horror... Geraldo Rivera.
I'm watching Fox News from the peripheral when suddenly in the middle of the Superdome the waxed mustachioed visage of Geraldo appears. My heart instantly freezes and I finally realize the seriousness of the tragedy in New Orleans. I begin screaming at my set, "Run people, it's Geraldo, please, someone let these people leave." But, Geraldo continues to make his way through the crowd.
Then it happens. Geraldo takes a women's baby, holds it up to the camera, and breaks into tears. The trauma these families must be going through. I mean it's one thing to be exposed to Mother Nature... but Geraldo? Geraldo!?!?!?! Where is God? What have these people done to deserve this?
So, in an act of compassion I am raising money to send to those who have been impacted by Geraldo. Please send your contributions to barryzimm@hotmail.com by way of Paypal and I will send the money to FOX News to try to provide some comfort to these people in their time of need.

2 comments:

ejs said...

" Heh,heh, I hope that's your real address."

James said...

The G man kinda freaked in the superdome, and I'm not sure I would hand my baby over to him, but he had a point "let them out!" Stephen Smith was the man, though.