Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Name is Barry... And I Can't Karaoke

Here's the deal, we've had a couple of opportunities in the last few weeks to Karaoke with the teens I work with. But, everytime I sing I get comments along these lines... "Man, you sound really good when you sing with the band, so what happened?"
Ok, maybe the duet of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" wasn't the best pick but come on Eddie Rabbits "I Love a Rainy Night" isn't exactly musical rocket science.
I'm chalking it up to the fact that when you peform with a live band the energy is automatic but using a background CD is just too hard to add anything too without really putting some effort into it. For those of you who can belt out "Zombie" or "Shout" with no dignity or care of quality but with an entertainment value of a massive train wreck I salute thee. As for me, I think Karaoke will continue to elude me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think the key must be heavy drinking.