Monday, December 05, 2005

RUN IT'S PEANUTS!


According to this article a teen girl died after kissing her boyfriend from an allergic reaction to the peanuts he had eaten earlier! Now that sounds crazy enough, but that's not the crazy part of the story here's the sentence that confuses me: "Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades." How does this happen? How many peanut deaths have there been in the past? How do allergies just start rising? Where does it stop? What will we be allergic too in the future? Will we one day see a rise in water allergies? Snow allergies? Car allergies? Blogging allergies! THE HORROR!?!?! Then I realized... this took place in Canada. Figures.

2 comments:

James said...

I'm allergic to water. 4 tablespoons could kill me unless I'm very careful when I drink it. I think it is theoretically possible to kill someone with much less water (if you make judicious use of a very small very pointy icicle). Look, all I'm saying is that the stuff is dangerous.

shannoncaroland said...

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/86500/86816mRTQ.jpg