Friday, November 30, 2007

The Best of TICS: It Worked for Germany 2-1-05

A recent poll showed that 36% of American students think the press should have their articles checked by the government before being published. Now, I know, people will say, "that's crazy" or "stupid kids". But come on, the governement would probably be really fair and just make sure the facts are right.
For example I've submitted this column today to a government "fact checker" to show that our freedoms would not be infringed. The guy was a complete and utter hunk of a man, but I put that personal assement aside when he assured me he'd just make sure I have my facts correct and not censor my ideas.
I can still say the goverment Is Great and it will see print. I mean, sure the government tends to do a fabulous job educating our kids but that doesn't mean they'd try to censor the fact. Even though we consistently have some of the highest performances of all modern countries the government would let us know the truth. As a matter of fact I love the government with all my heart but I can't see them being that biased. Actually, I think the government should have more control of our lives. It so happens God told me last night a free press is totally unneccesary. So send in twice your due taxes and submit all blog articles to www.whitehouse.gov before publishing. I know some of what I wrote in those last few sentences probably stunned you as it exposed some glaring faults in our government, but I think you'll find it won't be censored.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Dang, I just checked my site! Disregard today's post. Stupid fact checker.