Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm Going Green

I've been inspired. During the half-time of a Sunday NBC NFL football game the guys in the studio had turned off some of their lights in the studio to help save the Earth. As I then, through my tears, watched the admiring faces on a crowd that was lit by a million light bulbs in that 100 acre domed air-conditioned stadium as they gazed at the gazillion gigawatt Jumbotron that the 500 NBC cameras were using to broadcast the studio energy savings to everyone... I realized I too needed to be more green.
So this week I will be putting into practice, and asking you to do the same, some tips on how you too can be green.

Today's Tip:
Randomly turn off fellow office mates lights. Eventually, if they are lazy enough, the time it takes for them to get up and go turn them back on could save an entire iceberg.
EXTRA CREDIT: Turn off your businesses main circuit board. The energy you'd save if you work somewhere large like a hospital or prison could save Greenland!

2 comments:

James said...

Great ideas! I crashed a 128 node high-performance Linux cluster of Dell PowerEdge 1950 quad-core Intel Xenon processors! It was down for HOURS! YOU'RE WELCOME ICELAND!!

shannoncaroland said...

After seeing your green background, I took a deep breath. And I ust say, it was the most oxygen-rich breath I may have ever taken.

I think I need a sweater. Thank you.