Thursday, November 29, 2007

Best Of TICS: Anarchist Unite! 1-21-05


I've been kinda a third party political guy for a long time. Not really satisfied with the Republicans, not able to side with the Democrats. I tend to be on the lookout for a third party that might fit me. I thought yesterday I'd found the group for me.
At the Inauguration the group that caught my attention were the anarchist. I was impressed by how organized they were and how they seemed to really follow their leaders well.
Their rally cry alone stirs the heart: "Take the day off! Call in sick to work or school and join others from around the country to inaugurate resistance to the American empire. Hundreds of thousands of people around the country will flood the streets on Thursday, January 20, as Bush is confirmed in the presidential inauguration as the head of the empire for four more years. "
And take a look at some of the events planned by the Anarchist Resistance:
Monday, January 17
11:00 am - Community Outreach Day. Meet at the Convergence Center, 39 New York Ave NE. We will be distributing information on the protests, as well as information about what anarchists stand for, throughout Washington, DC.
Tuesday, January 18
7:00 pm - Benefit Show for Street Medics.
Wednesday, January 19
1:00 pm - Radical Cheerleaders Mini-Cheerleading Convergence. Come by between 1:00 and 7:00 to share cheers, practice your skillz, make supplies, or sleep in a corner.
Thursday, January 20
12:30 pm - Anarchist March and Anti-Authoritarian Bloc.

I mean, this looks great. Our huge, bloated, scattered government seems decentralized, confusing, and disorganized. But these Anarchy folk seem to really be organized and have good centralized leadership. I think they have the foundation of a much better government.
But, as I searched their sites more and more I quickly realized I just don't think I'd fit in with this group. I tend to be a loner and not really in favor of too much order or centralized control of organizations. I compliment them for their structure and ability to organize, but I just don't mind, and even prefer, a little chaos. So I guess anarchy just isn't for me.

2 comments:

James said...

I'm just impressed how you can post an article for Friday at 7:30AM when it's STILL THURSDAY!

Hey, I called in sick on MONDAY! I've always suspected that I was being followed by anarchists (looks over shoulder) BACK OFF AND FIND YOUR OWN THING TO DO YOU ANARCHISTS!! Dang Anarchists are just a buncha followers.

Barry said...

Actually, I vote Libertarian fairly often. And James, don't tell anyone but I have a time machine.