Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Honor Among Thieves...

So I was in a Fantasy Football "Keeper League". Basically, it's like being in Fagin's gang. You think you're in friendly company but watch out. Everyone trying to rip each other off, taking advantage of others lack of knowledge of up-to-the-minute player news, or unwillingness to quit a job to be able to stay up 'till 2 in the morning to grab the lastest free agent.
Verbal commitments are pointless, mistakes are unmercifully jumped upon, the idea of waviers to help those in last place is considered evil and honor is something considered as akin to dog fighting. Come to think of it... it became pretty much like I imagine REAL NFL football management.
So I quit.
I was told that was dishonorable. Heh.
So, I'm starting a new league which will actually aim at having fun and being fair with a bunch of friends even at the expense of winning.
I know, that's a fantasy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just love the Manchester United and I am so in to books about wizards and elves. Maybe I was wrong about Fantasy Football now that I know there is someone out there to help people like me really succeed at it.