Friday, August 29, 2008

I Don't Get It

Okay, as someone who speaks on a regular basis I tuned in to Obama's speech last night to see how you hold the attention of 80,ooo people. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just missing something but that was pretty average. I can give you a whole bunch of people who do better than that on a weekly basis let alone when you've prepared "the speech of your life" on subjects you speak on time after time after time. I guess we just don't have that high a bar for politicians. I wonder if regular church goers would think their pastor speaks as well, or better than, what we saw Obama do last night?
On the other hand, McCains VP today? Not bad. Much more genuine and seemed to convey passion much better than Obama.
But still, an historic night as we have our first black Presidential nominee.

No comments: