Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hey, Did You Hear About The Blond...


I love this story. Lauren Caitlin Upton, Miss South Carolina Teen USA, was asked this question at the pagent... "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map. Why do you think this is?"
Her answer?
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children."
Hey, I have in-laws in South Carolina. Just a random fact I thought I'd include.
Better Answers Lauren Could Have Used:
1) I like cheese.
2) Four score and seven years ago...
3) I just think all Americans are stupid.
4) Canadians suck!
5) I've got a crush on Obama.
6) Look, just tell me who I have to sleep with to win this thing.
7) Where am I? Why am I here?
8) I've found Jesus and will try to redeem myself.
9) Just drooled.
10) Hulk Smash!

5 comments:

Coldfoot said...

Still, she is only 15. When I was 15 I wasn't half as eloquent when talking to girls.

Barry said...

At 15 I was already pretty sure I wasn't gonna win any beauty pagents.

ejs said...

This from someone who in college still had problems remembering the order of the months?

Shame on you for casting the first stone.

Barry said...

Ha!

shannoncaroland said...

After hearing that, I decided that having kids answer Miss America questions could be a fun camp game.

The best response I heard was on Rome: "What do you expect? She has 'South Carolina' written across her chest."