Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking Thursday?

  • I thought the Idol charity event last night was one of the most sincere shows of its type I've seen. It's the first time I've seen the conditions in the third world portrayed accurately and brutally honestly. The plight of children in Africa (and around the world) is just heartbreaking.
  • Always find it ironic when Madonna, the author of "Sex", is seen asking for help to stop AIDS.
  • Always tough trying to answer the "Why does God let that happen?" question from kids. I know the answer lies in free will and our choice to mess things up. I know if parents were responsible, governments were sincerely interested in their people, and people would get involved we wouldn't have the problems. I know all the resources needed to stop the tragedies are available if people would give and if they could get where they were needed. I know that suffering here isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person I know you could dump a trillion dollars on Africa and you'd still have the same problems. I know my gut reaction is that no matter what I know it still sucks.
  • Have you seen the video of George Bush dancing with the African band? I'm not sure what to think. Either, "It so good to see a President not take himself to seriously" or "My gosh this is the most powerful man in the world". But mainly I think, "I just hope he's not having sex (or whatever he'd call it) with interns."
  • I had to dance some of the tribal stuff while in Africa. George W. makes me look like John Travolta.
  • Rosie's leaving the View. Blogs around the world are mourning.
  • Toyota is now the #1 automaker in the world. The good American car maker reply? "Its only for one month." I can't wait for the, "It's only been 20 years", comment.
  • John Mcain is now running for President. Look, the guy knows what it's like to be torutured, why's he want to do this to us?
  • It seems the Al Gore pushed Carbon Offset industry is a fraud. Shocker.
  • A new planet was found 5 billion miles away. Scientist say is might have life! Yeah, and for all we would be able to tell it may have a Wal-mart too.

Well, that's enough almost thinking for this week.

2 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

It may have been a mistake to send Simon to Africa. The guy who just discovered that there are nice people and food shelters was dropped into something so devastating. I was concerned for him.

I thought not booting someone was a little lame. If I was the sort who voted, I'd have been ticked.

On a side note, Steven Curtis Chapman just gave us $3,000 toward our adoption, which should help us saddle up our horses and get to Ethiopia.

Oh, and I heard there might be water on that planet. So those, "there might be life" stories are more than a bit presumptuous.

Anonymous said...

And how exactly do they know there may be water? And what are the odds evolution took place in the exact same way on two planets?!?!!?