Thursday, June 08, 2006

The End is Near...

No I'm not refering to my blog. Seeing as how 6-6-6 just passed I thought it was time for a check of the infamous Rapture Index. Go ahead take a look. According to their scale at the bottom of the site we are in a category "hold onto you seatbelt" time. But, we've only had a net change of +1. I thought that wasn't bad after such a Satanic day as 666. Then I noticed it... THE SITE HASN'T BEEN UPDATED SINCE 6-5-6!!!!!! What the heck is going on? Did we miss it? Have they all been raptured? Dang, I knew I shouldn't have mocked that book series. The movie starred Kirk Cameron, I should have known it was accurate!
So, please check in by replying here if you are still on planet earth. I have no doubt why I'm still here and I figure I should hear from the Canadian and James. But it will be interesting to see how many others have also been left behind. Oh, and also report if you haven't seen that certain "goody-two-shoes" since Tuesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already, Barry, but it's heavenly here!

Still love you,
MOM

Barry said...

Liar.

James said...

It's really strange here in San Francisco. Instead of there being a lot of clothes left around in piles on the ground... there are a lot of people walking around without clothes! What the heck!? I think we had some kind of Reverse Rapture or something.

I live directly across the street from Baker Beach (check out the "Hot Tip").
I walked along the beach one summer's eve, accidentally heading into the Northern "clothing optional" section of the beach, my thoughts obscured by possible visions of supermodels along the French Riveria. Not exactly what I found. More like a bunch of middle-aged out of shape men who should have understood that clothing was NOT optional for them. Sadly, my search for the legendary nude lesbian beaches of San Francisco has thus far been fruitless. (so to speak)

Barry said...

Yeah, when I was in the Dominican Republic all the beaches were "European". Really, not a highlight of my life. Obese Frenchman tanning "au natural" not big on my list of things to see.

Anonymous said...

What Strandberg's "Rapture Index" will never reveal is that his 45 or so "indicators" can just as easily occur AFTER the time he reserves for his "pretribulation" rapture - but no one seems to realize that his rapture thus self-destructs! To learn more, enter "Open Letter to Todd Strandberg" on Google. Also type in "Pretrib Rapture Diehards" (the pretrib rapture has dishonestly fooled millions since its 19th century birth), "Pretrib Hypocrisy," "Thomas Ice (Bloopers)" (the "researcher" LaHaye, Falwell, etc. have long trusted!), and "Famous Rapture Watchers." Lots of fun reading!