Monday, October 08, 2007

Ann Coulter is Cool

I've been trying to figure out Ann Coulter for a longtime. Is she serious? Is she tongue in cheek? Is she just playing the rabid right for cash? I think I've got it. She blogs out loud. Most of us do a blog off the top of our head, write it down, and people expect it to be stupid, mindless, and when we do have a thought it's realized it shouldn't be taken to seriously. The goal is to get as many people as possible to take a look and maybe even leave a reply. Ann just does this constantly outloud.

A couple recent quotes:
"If we took away women's right to vote, we'd never have to worry about another Democrat president. It's kind of a pipe dream, it's a personal fantasy of mine, but I don't think it's going to happen. And it is a good way of making the point that women are voting so stupidly, at least single women."
And on global warming as a religion:
"Because we can't prove them wrong for a thousand years, and I think the other thing about it is, it goes back to Chesterton’s statement: that when people stop believing in God, the problem isn't that they believe in nothing, it's that they'll believe anything. And that's what you constantly see with people who don't believe in God: They're always imitating the most ridiculous, primitive religions. And it is like a primitive religion, thinking if we just change these lightbulbs, we can change the temperature of the ocean. It's the craziest thing! Even primitive people wouldn't believe something that silly."

I think she's cool. But for the life of me I don't know why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't question, just believe. Ann Coulter rocks my socks off and she is brash loud-mouthed and occasionally annoying, but I love her none-the-less.

Just like my good friend Rush...