Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Buying Me A Sportscar

I'm not a big car guy but if I was, I'd want a convertible. So, 6months ago I went to this car dealership that was advertising on TV that they would sell me a brand new, fully loaded, convertible for only $50 a month!! WOW! I figure I can afford about $250 so this is a no brainer.
So I go down to the dealership and sure enough it's exactly as advertised. Sure, there's a little catch, after 6 months it jumps to triple the interest of most car payments, but I figure, how much can that be? Besides, in six months I should be able to find a way to pay some extra and I'm expecting my wife to triple her piano students so we should be alright.
Well, it's six months later and I just got my new payment number. $650 a month! It's an outrage! What a rip off! And now they want to take my car back. That's so unfair. It's my car. How am I gonna get to work? Do they expect me to go back to driving a used car? I wrote and complained to the mayor about these terribly unfair practices these conmen perpetrated on me.
Thank goodness he's a great guy! He said he's gonna do something about all this, like give me some extra money from my neighbors so I don't lose my car (they only have a used car so they have some extra cash.)
Next, I think I'm gonna look into one of those new, low APR mortgages. Oh, and I heard they're gonna offer that sportscar plan again if you're interested.

No comments: