Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Pledge...

Since Al Gore refused to sign a global warming reduction pledge yesterday, I changed it a little so we can all sign on. So join me in the pledge.

As a believer:
· that human-caused global warming is a myth, not an ethical, or spiritual issue affecting our survival;

· that home energy use is a key component of attempts at more govermental income and control;

· that my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to more pleasure and comfort for me; and

· that leaders on environmental issues are insanely hypocritical;

I pledge to consume more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 22, 2008.

I pledge...
BAZ & Al Gore
Who's with us?

5 comments:

Zimmerfly said...

Man-made global warming is such a joke. Thank you Al Gore for making it even a bigger joke to anyone who has a brain.

I love his claims that it's going to lead to the end of the world and it's the biggest problem the world has ever had to face, but I'm not going to cut back on my carbon foot print, I'm just going to pay my own company to make myself feel better. So paying money (or taxes) will solve the (so called) man-made global warming not actually doing anything about the amount of carbon going into the air.

This is better than I could make up on my own. The guy is like a big cartoon charater.

Anonymous said...

Although you may have a point on points 2-4, your first is way off. Setting the myth factor aside, I believe the way we treat our environment (the rest of God's creation) is a spiritual issue. That you so quickly dismiss it as such is a little frightening.

Barry said...

You're right. And in the cause of Christ I have now begun riding my motorcycle instead of my truck even though it's a little cool out.

I refuse to let another serious conversation happen around here this quickly;)

Zimmerfly said...

Anonymous said,
"I beleive the way we treat our environment is a spiritual issue."

I'm glad you "think" or "feel" that but were do you come to that conclusion????

Also, I have no problem with taking care of the enviroment but the global warming debate has nothing to do with the enviroment. It has everything to do with getting money from people and for goverment to control more area's of peoples lives. That's why is all about "human's are causing global warming" when there is no edvidence for that conclusion and the facts of history deny that as being the main issue of global warming. It's all about money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Barry said...

Great. Now i have to break the truck out again.