Monday, October 02, 2006

All Naked First Episode of LOST!

That's right, it's time for a sports post!
Dateline Detroit:
Pistons: Ben "I'll stay here forever so get rid of Darko" Wallace leaves the Detroit Pistons after being a major part of their choke in the offseason.
Tigers: If you told me at the begginning of the season we'd be a Wild Card team I'd have been overwhelmed. If you'd told me they'd lead their division since May and then lose it in the 12th inning of the last game and the only long standing record they'd set is to be swept by Kansas City for the first time in 26 years, I would have sent them a crate of steroids.
Lions: Not only does this team tank my real life hopes every year but they now crush my fantasy sports life also. The Lions mangaged in the last 2 minutes of Sunday's game to not only lose the real game but take me from a 1 pt. lead in my fantasy lead to a 12 pt. deficit.
RedWings: Not too much disappointment here... yet.

THEREFORE, I am in search of a new sports town to call home. The leading picks are:
Chicago: I hate everything about Chicago sports but... it's where Pistons go to die, they have 2 baseball teams to hope for, and their football team takes less than 60 years to rebuild.
Cincinatti: The Bengals look cool, the Reds are fairly consistent, but they have no NBA team. Oh, and I really like the zoo.
Pittsburgh: I'm already a Steelers fan from living their for awhile, so I'm not all bandwagon, thier baseball team has no money so they never fail to meet expectations, and the Penguins tend to have good years every once in a while. Still no NBA but I love perogies.

So let me know who I should pick. Or put in you choice.

End of Sports Blog.

2 comments:

shannoncaroland said...

I know a city who has a NBA team that has a great history and has won 50 or more games for the last five years, made the Confereance Finals the last three years, made the finals two of the last three years, and has won one of those.

Their hockey is hands-down the best franchise in the sport.

Their baseball team has great history, and a ton of young talent. They have just done the hard part of a big turn-around and should be very good for years to come.

Their football team is terrible, but three out of four beats just about anybody.

Detroit is the best sports town. The only towns that come close are Dallas and Boston, and you HAVE to hate the Cowboys and Celtics.

Oh, and they have two WNBA tiles

Anonymous said...

Shut up. You have to stay a Detroit fan, it's in your blood so just stop being stupid. The Lions are a gift from God to allow us to always remember never to take all our other sporting teams for granted. I truly beleive if we didn't have the Lions, Detroit won't be such a great sports town. It's due to their consistent killing of our souls that we always are desiring a winner and support our other teams.