Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fair and Impartial

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - The chief judge in Saddam Hussein's genocide trial said Thursday that he does not believe Saddam was a dictator.
Judge Abdullah al-Amiri made the remark in a friendly exchange with the deposed leader, a day after the prosecution said the judge should step down because he is biased toward the defense. Saddam and his co-defendants are being tried on charges of committing atrocities against Kurds in northern Iraq nearly two decades ago.
Questioning a Kurdish witness Thursday, Saddam said, "I wonder why this man wanted to meet with me, if I am a dictator?"
The judge interrupted: "You were not a dictator. People around you made you (look like) a dictator."
"Thank you," Saddam responded, bowing his head in respect.


Ahhh... that's so nice. And they say civility hasn't returned to Iraq. If only some other judges had been so wise and understanding.

"Mr. Simpson, you don't seem to have a violent bone in your body. It was the people around you making you look gulity."

"Mr. Dahmer, you seem like a healthy polite young man. People just don't understand special dietary needs."

"Mr. DC Sniper, your not a killer. The people around you just got in your way."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the judge knows more than we do. Maybe Saddam was a decent guy with just bad people around him. You never know what Saddam's real intent was as the leader of Iraq. I don't think you've probably meet him so why do you have to accuse him? Who's to say that the conservitives in the US didn't just make up all that stuff about him so they could go in and take control of the Iraq oil fields. Did you ever think that could be a possibility or do you just beleive everything the Bush administration shoves down your throat without every thinking about it.

Barry said...

Wow! I never thought of that. You've convinced me.
FREE SADDAM!!!!!!

Barry said...

Oh, oh, oh, I just had another thought I sure Anyonymous may not have considered.
Maybe Saddam is a mass murdering dictator and the judge has been bought off or is in fear for his life. Oh, oh, and maybe our leaders aren't pure evil.
Just a possiblity I thought you'd like to think about.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you have an open mind there. Why do you just beleive everything the US goverement says is true without listening to other goverments like France or many other European countries who have a different view? What did Iraq ever do to us to make it right for us to invade their country and kill their people?

Barry said...

Hmmm... my reply was only as one-sided as yours. I thought we were just gathering possible theories? I don't think I've stated my opinion on my conclusion anywhere. Besides, you sound strangely like someone I know.

James said...

OH NO YOU DON'T!!

You *KNOW* that I don't post anonymously!!

The fact that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and that the U.S. is over there primarily to control Iraqi oil...

... THAT DOESN'T MAKE SADDAM A SYMPATHETIC GUY!

Now, Mumia, you might get some sympathy there... (he could very well be innocent) but Saddam!?? Didn't Anonymous see South Park?

Anonymous said...

I don't know who James is but at least he's got the Oil thing right. To bad he also seem to be a Bush lover who makes his decisions about Saddam based from his experence watching South Park. You should take some of your judgements about Saddam and apply them to our current terroist president.

Barry said...

JAmes I commend you for getting your information from South Park.
I also am glad you are finally a Bush Lover.

James said...

I learned a lot about Mormons from South Park, that's for sure. Most of it I'd already heard from BAZ though.

Nice boards you run, BAZ. I'm back online for 1 post and I'm already being called horrible things like "Bush Lover". This must be a new record.

As a Vegetarian Buddahist, I can appreciate the insights from Anonymous and I thank him/her for the wonderful new experience he is sharing with me.

BTW: Saddam and GW.Bush... BOTH are meat eaters!

Barry said...

Hey,thanks to this thread I've discovered you were a conservative. Who'd have thunk?