Monday, December 20, 2004

It's the End of the World As We Know It

Last week I linked everyone to a post giving us the Rapture Index (see Wed. Dec. 15th) which keeps track of leading factors leading up to the return of Jesus or the leaving of Christians or the destruction of heathens, I can't keep it straight. Anyway, I felt pretty confident I didn't have to get serious about this Christian thing yet, although I was a little troubled by the fact that "several Asian nations are working on a free trade zone" and some other things. However, I glanced at the site Saturday and that's when I noticed it. THE RAPTURE IDEX HADN'T BEEN UPDATED IN MONTHS! Now I emailed them to check to see if anyone was still there and I noticed it had been updated today, but I'm thinking this is just a ruse. Because I've noticed some other people who I haven't seen for a while:
Dennis Rodman
Pamela Anderson
Prince
N-Sync
Elvis
Ronald Regan
Coincidence?

Well, just in case we still have a chance of making it, I thought it would be important to make a list of signs of the end times, so here's some things I've noticed:
The Polar Express may make $100 million (Rev. 14:10)
I still have my job after 10 years (Rev. 9:7)
Rodman, before he went missing, played for the Bulls and Lakers (Rev. 12:13)
The coming Ice Age (oh, wait that was what they were saying in the 80's)
The coming Global Warming (Rev. 15:5)
Trading Spaces is the #1 show on Cable (Rev. 9:21)
Several Asian nations are working on a free trade zone (Rev. 18:32)

Well, that's just a few I noticed. Please post if you've noticed more.
And remember, according to experts, the signs have never lined up more (except in 1643, 1871, and 1984).

1 comment:

Fabian said...

Lou Diamond Philips stars in a good movie. (Daniel 6:37)