Monday, December 20, 2004

Game Review

Our church family is awesome. Not only did they manage to give us something everday during Pastor Appreciation month but I receive numerous Christmas presents also. Due to this fact, I ended up with a free game at Best Buy.

After serious consideration I ended up getting Star Wars:BattleGrounds for... XBOX.

This was a serious lifestyle change for me. I have always bought PC games over console games when there is a choice, but now that I have kids who enjoy playing games with me, I gave up the advantages of the PC simply so we can play splitscreen.

I was looking for something brainless and that's what I got. Battleground is a 3rd person bloodless shooter (bloodless is a must for my wife that has a problem with Halo and Rainbow Six just cause the boys are 6 and 7. Look they're homeschooled they need to be socialized, I thought Halo and Counterterrorist combat was a good way to do that.) based on the battles through all 3 real Star Wars movies and the two recent attempts at Star Wars movies.

The game is a basic shootfest, but you get to be everything from Stormtroopers to wookies, ride tauntauns and drive those big Dino thingies, and fly Xwings and Snowspeeders. Overall if you like StarWars and prefer your shooters on the less violent side I'd rate this game a 7.5 out of 10.

However...

It gets a 9.5 for one reason. KILLING EWOKS! LOTS AND LOTS OF EWOKS! TINY, CUDDLY, SQUEAKING, NEVER HURT A SOUL, EWOKS! BIG EWOKS, LITTLE EWOKS, WOMEN AND CHILDREN EWOKS! BWAHHAHAHAHA!!

If I get a bead on Jar-Jar... it gets a 10.

3 comments:

Fabian said...

My favorite part of Return of the Jedi was when they stormtroopers killed the Ewoks. That and when C3PO retold the Ewoks about his adventure, you remember when he did the sound effects and everything.

Dude, I'm a nerd.

Barry said...

Mike, this game is for you. Not only could you cause the scene in which the poor little Ewok is killed. You could go on to mow down the Ewok who lovingly holds the cold dead body of his little cuddly friend. Wouldn't that be great?

Barry said...

Now, everyone reading this please realize, we're simply joking about fictional characters. If Ewoks were real I would never call for the wholesale slaugter of the cute little creatures. But, I might try serving one for Christmas dinner.